7.24.2006

I'm up to the challenge

All right, it's true, the blogging has been a bit slower lately. So what's been going on? Right now, I'm sitting in the house of Ed and Gay Kaufman (Sean's parents) and watching their cat while they tour Europe. I am getting paid more for two weeks of enjoying cable tv and a fast internet than I get for a month of VS allowance. I hardly know how to spend my newfound wealth. Probably go to the oil companies as I drive my car home.

That's right, I'm driving home because I'm down to the final two weeks of my VS term here in Sioux Falls. I'm sad about leaving because I've made some great friends through the church and my work, but at the same time I'm looking forward to what's next. What's next is a year of adventure in Atlanta with the one and only Adam Roth. I fully expect the city will never know what hit it after we arrive.

Also to file under sad-but-I-have-to-try-to-put-a-nice-spin-on-it news: my good friend Becky is currently on a plane to land in Beijing. I remain hopeful that a visit to China will happen sometime next summer. Any other takers?

Finally, Melissa, I believe you asked how long one hour is? 1 hour = 60 minutes = 3,600 seconds = 33,093,474,372,000 (that's over 33 trillion) periods of radiation corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine levels of the ground state of the cesium 133 atom. Yes, I double-checked the math on that.

Over and out. The ball's back in your corner, Philip. And/or Melissa. Unless there is still someone else checking this thing out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home